Well, I hope you’re as excited as I am for LIFE Group Sunday this week at Coastal! That’s right! It’s time to get everyone signed up for the Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! LIFE Group Sunday is similar to a Job/College Fair, but for LIFE GROUPS! You’ll come to our Worship Service & check in your kids, just like normal, but our Worship Service will be a little shorter and then we’ll dismiss our adults (not the children) to go out to the giant tent to check out all the different groups (we’ll let you know when to go pick up your kids at the normal time).
Not only will you get to check out all the different Groups, but you will get to meet the Group Leaders, enjoy some great snacks, and have a BLAST! You also get to vote: Best Overall Booth, Best Snack, Best “Sales Pitch”, Most Creative, Most Informative (the only time we allow judging at Coastal). And most importantly – you can sign up for a LIFE Group! Don’t miss it! And as always – invite & bring a friend! My sermon is entitled, “I Will Get Connected!”
In fact, you can go ahead and check out all our different Groups online and sign up today! There are basically 3 different ways to sign up for a Group each semester, but you only have to sign up one time, one way. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card, or at the Groups Sign-Up Tables (on Sunday these will be underneath the tent).
I wanted to let you know where I’m going with my next sermon series after “I Will.” On February 19th (President’s Weekend) I’m kicking off a series entitlted, “UNITED We Stand.” It’s going to be a short series on a very important issue today – unity! With the current climate of our culture, regardless of your political persuasion, I feel like this is going to be a needed series. I’ll be talking about unity, what it is, what it’s not, and how you walk it out in daily life – especially in your home (husband/wife/parents), in the church, and in our community. Is it possible to agree to disagree with someone respectfully and still have unity? What does it mean to speak the truth in love? How important is it to have unity in your home with your spouse? How important is it to be on the same page as your raise your children? And can you have unity without uniformity in the local church? How do you really live out the statement, “In the essentials we have unity; in the non-essentials we have liberty; in all things we show charity”? As I hope you can see, this is going to be a powerful series and a great series to invite your friends! Keep praying for your ONE!
- We’re having a Baptism Service on Superbowl Sunday, February 5th in both services! If you’ve given your life to Jesus, this is your next step – going public with your faith through Baptism! Or, maybe you’ve never been Baptized by immersion in the example of Jesus. If you’d like to participate and be Baptized, respond to this email, sign up online, or let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday!
- Our wonderful Cafe needs volunteers! Each week at Coastal we give away A LOT of coffee and food! That means each week our wonderful volunteers set up, set out, make, put away, and clean up! If you love people, love serving, and have a little bit of hospitality in your heart, consider serving in our Cafe! You can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or email Matt Beam directly at email@example.com!
- LIFE Group Training for ALL Leaders, Assistants & Hosts is this Saturday, January 28th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday (where you can sign up for a Group and we set up a Big Tent with LIFE Group Booths) is this Sunday, January 29th and the new LIFE Group Semester will start the week of February 12th. It’s going to be a great LIFE Group Semester!
- Looking for a place to serve at Coastal? Don’t want to miss a service? Enjoy technology and fast on your feet (fingers)? We’re looking for volunteers in our Tech Booth – specifically with computer (slide presentation), lights, and video. If you’re slightly tech savvy and have the desire, we’d love to train you! Respond to this email, contact Christopher (firstname.lastname@example.org), or let us know on your Connect Card.
- Our Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) semester is back in full swing! There is a House Party tonight! They’re meeting at the church at 6pm and leaving for a Stingrays Hockey Game (game at 7pm)! Transportation and Ticket provided. Bring money for food and/or souvenirs.
P.S. Unless you hear otherwise, Chair set-up is always on Saturdays at 9am! Love for you to join us! With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less! Great exercise, great service, and great fun!