Well, it’s hard to believe that we only have 2 more weeks until Charleston County School starts again! The Summer has flown by! I’m getting very excited about our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups. It really looks like lots of great LIFE Groups are forming! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall we need to know now! If you’re planning on leading a Group, we need all of your information turned in by next Friday, August 5th.
I do want to tell you something exciting about my Bod4God Group that I’m leading again this Fall. LIFE Group Sunday is Sunday, August 28th. On Monday, August 29th, Steve Reynolds, the author of “Bod4God” is coming to Coastal for a BIG Bod4God Rally! It’s going to be a lot of fun and a great way to advertise our Group in the community. So if you’re interested in losing weight and getting healthy, join my Group this Fall and come to the Kick-Off Rally!
We always have a large number of people each Sunday over the Summer that are traveling, out of town, etc., but each and every Sunday, even over the Summer, we have A LOT of Guests! Keep inviting! Keep reaching out! If the Summer is any indicator, we’re going to have HUGE Fall! In fact, this past Sunday we had 222 people in the auditorium in the 1st service alone (not counting anyone in Children’s Ministry). It looks like the 9:30am service is going to be the largest of the two services. Don’t forget to sit to the center and front of each section (make plenty of room for guests and other people as they come in). Also, we need EVERYONE to fill out a Connect Card. That creates positive peer pressure for our Guests to fill out a card – which is the only way we can follow up with people.
We’ve already got 8-10 people who say they are interested in being a Prayer/Decision Counselor in our services. We’ll schedule a planning/training meeting for that in mid August. Again, let me know if you’re interested (see my previous email for details).
- Welcome to WAVES Student Ministry Rising 6th Graders Party! Wednesday, August 3, 5:30pm-7pm at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant (411 Wando Park Blvd.).
- TEXT Giving (843-277-8337) or Online Giving are both great options over the Summer if you’re out of town!
- Check out all the events going on over the Summer for our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade). See Ryan Spell for more information.
- Thursday, August 4: WAVES Service Project, meet at Coastal at 8am
- Friday, August 12: WAVES Back to School Bash – 8pm-11pm, at Sky Zone, cost $10l!!! Spread the word – invite & bring a friend!!
- Our last Summer Movie Night will be Friday night, August 5th, 7-9pm. We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, hotdogs, and drinks. ALL FREE! Bring lawnchairs or a blanket. We’ll be showing the old classic, “Swiss Family Robinson.”
- Coastal’s next Membership Class is Monday night, August 8th, 6pm-9pm in our old auditorium.
P.S. We’d love for you to join us for Chair Set-up, Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am. With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less – plus it’s a lot of fun!