We had a great initial signup for our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups on Sunday! Check out all the different LIFE Groups on our website or in your bulletin! The Summer Semester is only 5 weeks long and starts the week of June 5th. You can sign up 3 different ways (Connect Card, Website, Table), but you only have to signup one time, one way. Once you sign up, you will be contacted by your Group Leader before the Group begins.
Also, don’t forget that we only have one service this Sunday – the 10:15am service. It’s a holiday weekend and a lot of people will be out of town, but it’s always great to get everyone together in ONE BIG service! However, keep in mind, that means only 1 service for ALL of our children & Nursery! So, if you are available and willing, please connect with Janet about serving.
And then the following Sunday, June 5th, we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition here at Coastal – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current, popular movies that people are seeing and talking about as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! All of our 1st Time Guests (your friends) get FREE Movie Tickets (and if your friend attends with you, come up to me and I’ll give you a FREE Movie Ticket as well)! We give away a bunch of gifts! We even have freshly popped popcorn in all of our services! And this year, since we have our new building, twice during the series we’re going to have a Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night. Bring a blanket or your lawn chairs, watch a movie in the gym on our Big Screens, enjoy popcorn, hotdogs, and nachos! It’s going to be awesome!
- Janet tells me we are way ahead as far as VBS Volunteers go this year! Coastal you are AWESOME and you always respond to needs, Kingdom vision, and ministry opportunities! The dates of VBS are July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. Check out the VBS Volunteer Insert in your Bulletin and sign up. Remember, if you change a child’s life – you change the world!
- If you have not yet turned in any money for a deposit or the remaining balance for Student LIFE Camp (June 13-17) for your Student (6th-12th Grade), please see Ryan and do so soon. Our Students have 1 remaining fundraiser:
- Charleston Riverdogs Game – Saturday night, June 4th, 6:30pm. Tickets are $12 and $5 of that cost will go directly to each student as they sell tickets. It’s usually a great Church-wide event. See a Student or Ryan and buy some tickets!
- We have another LIFE Group Leader Training on Thursday, June 2nd, 10am-12noon. Childcare provided. This is for ALL Group Leaders, Assistants, and Hosts of ALL Groups, including ongoing & atheletic groups.
- Father’s Day is just around the corner – June 19th! We will be having another child/baby dedication. If you are interested in participating, please sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Include your child’s full name and the service you will be attending.
- New to Coastal and would like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the church, discover how to get involved, and meet other new people? Then join us for our next Newcomer’s Lunch on Sunday, June 26th, immediately following the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). Sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
Pastor Chris (friend me on Facebook)
P.S. Did you know that Coastal has an App for your smart phone? In fact, we’ve had one for a while now. Go to your App Store (wherever you get apps) and search for Coastal Community Church of Charleston. You’ll see our logo. The App is FREE. You’ll be able to keep up with all things Coastal, listen to messages, and even read the Word. Download it today and help us spread the word!