Has this been a wild and crazy week or what? I don’t know if it’s just me and I’m getting old, but I’ve been off on my days all week. Well, I’m pretty sure that today is still Friday and that means the weekend is upon us and it’s time for my Friday 5.
Please, please continue to pray for and look for ways to serve those in our community still hurting from the rain and flooding, especially those in the Columbia area and all over our state beyond.
Canceling services this past Sunday was definitely the right call to make, but I’ve missed you! I’ve seen many of you at the office or in a Group, but quite frankly, I’ve missed my church family! Remember, if it doesn’t matter to you, please make an effort to attend the 8:45am or 11:45am service. The 10:15am service has been standing room only. If you typically give weekly or on the first of the month, I simply want to encourage you to be faithful in your giving and to help us make up any shortfall from this past Sunday. Times like these are great opportunities to try out online or mobile giving. We might not have had services, but our bills keep coming.
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- Please feel free to give toward our Benevolence Fund. We use this money to help people in need – times just like these. You can designate your gift, “benevolence” on your check, paypal, receipt, or even through texting an amount and then the word “benevolence” to 843-277-8337. We will use money from this fund to help Crosstowne Christian Church.
- New to Coastal? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch – Sunday, October 25th, immediately after the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. Repsond to this emai or sign up online!
- Interested in getting more involved at Coastal? Want to learn the “inside scoop”? Attend our next FUEL Gathering, Saturday, October 17th, 10am-Noon. Childcare provided. Cafe will be open. FUEL is a time of fellowship, worship, and information for all Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, and those who are interested in serving – basically everyone who considers Coastal their home! It’s kind of a “family meeting” – a behind the scenes talk from me, our staff, and several leaders about what’s going on and coming up at Coastal. If you’re in town, make every effort to come.
- October is Operation Christmas Child month! Begin bringing toys, games, supplies, etc. that can fit in a shoebox to church during the month of October. Also, start gathering your shoeboxes. There is an insert in the bulletin with more information. Our Packing Party will be at the church on Friday, November 13th, 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- This is a great opportunity to fill our Food Pantry at Coastal. Bring non-perishable food items to church this Sunday! Let’s completely restock our Food Pantry and be prepared to feed those people in need in our community. We have plenty of beans and corn. We really need canned fruits, pastas, sauces, dry goods, and cereals.
All In! LOVE CAN! Game On!