Is it hard to believe that today is the last day of July? The Summer is just whizzing by! School will be back before you know it. I do hope you’re having a great Summer. I hope you’ve been able to take some time off from work, do something fun, and spend some time with friends and family. If you go out of town and miss a Sunday service, our App is a great way to stay up with our messages, events, and announcements. It’s completely FREE. Simply go to your App Store, search for Coastal Community Church of Charleston SC, and download the App. You’ll see our logo. You can also go here: http://get.theapp.co/473b.
Our new building is really starting to take shape. Keep the process, the financing, and the people involved in your prayers. Like I announced last Sunday, there are several key components that are our responsibility financially, not the bank’s. They include some of the sound/lighting, the new kitchen appliances, the remodeling of our existing Coastal Kidz room for child check-in & a new kids room, AND chairs for our auditorium. The chairs alone will cost around $20,000 (approx. $50 per chair).
Where is all the money for those projects coming from? Us! You & me! For those of you who made a commitment to give to our All In Campaign, I want to challenge you to continue to give sacrificially and generously to the very end. For those of you who are new to Coastal, especially in the last 2 years, we need you to jump in and start giving. Consider making a commitment above and beyond your regular giving to our new building. That’s what we did for All In and that’s how we’re doing what we’re doing right now – plain and simple. Every gift counts and every gift matters. Pray about how many chairs you and your family can purchase. At the very least help purchase a chair for you, your family, and the friends you will invite. Our new space will seat around 600. To save a little money we’ll be adding 400 chairs to our existing 200. If you’re giving toward our new chairs, simply use the word, “chairs” to designate your gift. In fact, you can even give through texting. Simply text the amount and then the word “chairs”.
We’re also still in the search process for a new Youth Pastor. Please keep that in your prayers. It’s a slow process, but we want to find the right person. However, the good news is that we have some of the greatest high capacity volunteers in our Student Ministry. They are each ready to step up and make sure that Student Ministry doesn’t miss a beat this Fall. In fact, with the help of our Staff, they are planning and preparing for a great 6.2.SIX Back to School Kick-Off/Bash on Wednesday night, September 9th! There will be FUN, FOOD, & GAMES! You, your 6th-12th Grade Student, and their friends won’t want to miss it!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- There is a LIFE Group Ministry Meeting/Dinner tonight at the church, 6:30pm-8:30pm, for all those serving in our LIFE Group Ministry and for those interested in Leading, Assisting, or Hosting in the Fall semester. Childcare provided.
- This is the last Sunday to bring supplies for the Peru Missions Team. These supplies will be used to bless the New Life Children’s Home in Peru.
- There is a Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) Bible Study & Cookout on Saturday, August 1st (tomorrow), 5-7pm at Phil & Krista Votaw’s home, 345 Cross St. Bring a Bible!
- Our Beach Baptism Service has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 2nd, 5pm at Folly Beach County Park. You can sign up by responding to this email or signing up online.
- LOVE CAN Foster – Birthday’s For All! We are helping to provide Birthday Gifts for kids in Foster Care. Grab a balloon off the poster at church and bring the gifts to Coastal by August 15th (wrapped & tagged).
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
P.S. Did you know that there is a Coastal Community Church Women’s Facebook page? Look it up and join! It’s a great way for the women of Coastal to keep in touch, stay connected, and serve one another.