I’m BACK! For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been gone for the past 2 weeks taking my daughter out to Los Angeles, CA. It was quite the adventure! If you’re on Facebook, thanks for putting up with all the pictures and long posts! It was fun including you in our journey. While I’m feeling overwhelmed and exhausted right now, it is so good to be back! I not only missed my family, I missed YOU, my Coastal family! I really don’t understand how people make it in this world without true community. The truth is, they don’t, at least not well. We’ve got it here at Coastal and I’m so thankful for it!
When Janet picked me up from the airport yesterday, our first stop was 460 Arlington Dr. I wanted to see all the work on our new buidling! You see, I left the day they started pouring concrete and other than pictures, haven’t seen anything! WOW! WOW! It’s taking shape and looking awesome! Our faith really is becoming sight. Again for those of you who have been giving – large OR small – THANK YOU! It all counts and it all makes a difference. For those of you who haven’t started giving – what are you waiting on? Great things are happening here and we get to be a part of it! Join us! Start giving now, this weekend. We still need your help. Help us finish what God started in us! Let’s pay the whole thing off in record time!
We are just a little over one week away from our BIG Summer Kick-Off! On Sunday, June 7th, we roll out one of our favorite series here at Coastal: “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current blockbuster movies as a “hook” to talk about spiritual truth and we do it in true Coastal style. We’ll have a lot of fun, give away a lot of stuff (all 1st time guests get FREE movie tickets to Citadel Mall Theater during the entire series), eat a lot of popcorn, and most importantly point people to Jesus! Invite and bring your friends!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- Our 2015 Summer Semester of LIFE Groups begin in ONE WEEK! There are 3 ways to sign up (online, Connect Card, LIFE Group Table in Welcome Center). You only have to sign up 1 time/1 way! Check out the groups and sign up today! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 7 and all groups end before VBS in July (4-6 weeks).
- “Take Me Out To The Ball Game!” Coastal Day at the Charleston Riverdogs Joe Riley Stadium – Tuesday, June 2nd, 7pm! Student Summer Camp Fundraiser – Tickets $10. See Scott to purchase tickets.
- We are having a “Going Away Party” for Pastor Scott, Lori, & Carly Huff this Sunday night, May 31st, 6pm. Dinner provided.
- VBS Volunteers Needed! VBS-July 20-24th, 6-8pm. VBS at Coastal is “All Hands On Deck!” In other words, we need EVERYONE to help/volunteer to make it a success! Please complete the VBS Volunteer Insert in your Bulletin this Sunday and place it in the offering plate.
- BEACH BAPTISM – Sunday, June 28th, Folly Beach County Park! Our Students (6th-12th Grade) are having a Beach Day that same day, 1-5pm, so we’re going to join them for a Church-Wide Baptism Service at 5pm! If you are interested in being Baptized in the ocean please respond to this email or sign up online.
Love you Coastal! As always, invite and bring a friend with you this Sunday!
Forever and Always All In!
P.S. We’re planning another Baby/Child Dedication Service on Father’s Day, June 21st during the 3rd Service (11:45am). If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email.