Don’t you just love Baptism’s at Coastal! I know I do! We Baptized another 10 people this past Sunday. I think that makes 20 so far for 2015! Our next Baptism will probably be on the Beach! So be on the lookout for that and let us know if you’d like to participate.
Okay Coastal, I need to “talk shop” with you for a moment. If you were here this past Sunday, for the 10:15am service, you know what I’m going to talk about. The service was COMPLETELY FULL! In fact, we had to bring in chairs. First of all, that’s a great problem to have. I’d rather have this problem than the opposite problem any day of the week. But it is a problem none the less, because people won’t consistently keep coming if they can’t find a seat. At first it’s exciting, but then it can get annoying, especially for new people.
So here’s what I need you to do. If it really doesn’t matter to you, please start coming to the 1st or 3rd service (8:45am or 11:45am). Now, the priority is always come to the service your guests are coming to. After that, it’s come to the service that enables you to serve/attend. But if it really doesn’t make any difference whatsoever, “make room for Jesus”, and come to the 1st or 3rd. Again, this is a great problem to have and one that we are well aware of and are working on. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies, “I think we’re going to need a bigger boat!” We do and can’t build it quick enough!
Speaking of our new buidling, I want to thank those of you who continue to give so faithfully to this project! I hope you’re getting excited! I also want to challenge those of you who are new to join in. Pray about it, talk about it with your family, and together make a giving commitment above and beyond your regular giving to the new building. You can designate your giving with the words, “New Building” or “All In”. It looks like they will be pouring the concrete foundation next week! Like I said this past Sunday, the foundation of this new building was laid almost two years ago when a group of people decided to go, “All In” and give sacrificially. Well it’s not too late to join in the excitement! We need all of us giving together to see this project to the end!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- Our next Newcomer’s Lunch is Sunday, May 3rd immediately after the 3rd service. You can sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday. Our Newcomer’s Lunch is a great way for new people to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps.
- On Mother’s Day, May 10th, we are having our next Baby/Child Dedication Service. If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card so we can be prepared. By the way, we have some really fun stuff planned for Mother’s Day! You’re not going to want to miss it!
- Our LOVE CAN Help A Child Interest/Info Meeting is now scheduled for Saturday, May 16th, 10am-Noon. This meeting is all about helping to solve the Foster Care problem in Charleston County. Ther will be discussion/Info concerning adoption, fostering, and support. Sign up on your Connect Card.
- We are now in the process of planning our our 2015 Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester is only 4-6 weeks long, between the weeks of June 7th and July 12th. If you have an idea for a LIFE Group or if you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting, please let us know soon. We need all info no later than Friday, May 1st.
- Looking for something fun to do for your Elementary Age child (completed 1st-6th grade) this Summer? Register them for Camp Winshape – the ultimate day camp experience! June 29th – July 3rd, 7:45am – 5pm, $149 per child. Register online at winshapecamps.org.
I think that’s it! Love you Coastal! This week we continue our LOVE CAN series talking about Patience. Don’t miss it! Invite and bring a friend!
Forever and Always All In!