Friday’s Five – 5-19-17
I know I must sound like a broken record at times, but WOW! This past Sunday (Mother’s Day) was AMAZING! We had 694 in attendance (4th largest attendance ever), a ton of guests, A TON OF BABIES for Baby Dedication, and just a lot of FUN! But the most important thing that happened was that 2 more people indicated that they gave their lives to Jesus! Two more lights that we’ll light up on our ONE sign! Coastal, I hope you know that you are a part of something very special – a move of God!
This Sunday, May 21st, is Youth Sunday! Our Youth Pastor, Ryan Spell, will be preaching in both services! And yes, I will be in church, front and center! A few people just assumed that I would be out of town because Ryan is preaching! ARE YOU CRAZY?! I wouldn’t miss it for the world! I gave Teresa (Ryan’s mom) away at Ricky & Teresa’s wedding. I was there when Ryan was born. I baptized Ryan. I baptized his wife Gracie. I married Ryan & Gracie. Miss this Sunday? Not on your life! I will be smiling from ear to ear, full of joy and excitement! I hope you will be too! Noah Lyons, one of our students will be playing the guitar with our Worship Team. Kristal Blumenstock, another one of our students will be giving our Welcome. And many of our students will be serving & greeting. Make sure you’re there to offer your support and encouragement! Plus, as always, God is going to show up in a powerful way and speak to you through Ryan and our Students!
We’ll also be supporting our Student Ministry by having Coastal Day at the Charleston Riverdogs Game! You can help send our Students to Summer Camp by purchasing tickets for the game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student). See Ryan Spell, any of our Students, or Student Ministry Volunteers for tickets.
On another exciting note, our new Associate Pastor, Scott Whitaker is here! He went ahead and came on up to Charleston to get moved in and Kelly and their daughter Emily will be joining him as soon as school finishes up down in Boca. Feel free to shoot Scott an email (email@example.com) and welcome him to Coastal and Charleston! Look for him on Sunday!
- Sign up for one of our Summer Semester LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. You can sign up online today, on your Connect Card or at the LIFE Group table on Sunday. (LIFE Group Leader Training tomorrow, Saturday May 20th, 10am-Noon.)
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, June 4th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and snacks are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- On Sunday, June 11th, we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition here at Coastal – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use popular movies as a hook to talk about Biblical truth! This year’s series is going to be called, “Chick Flicks & Date Nights” as we talk about relationships.
- We’re having a “Barbeque & Baptism” at Folly Beach County Park, Sunday, June 11th! The Baptism will be at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately following. We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion all day. We’ll provide the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email.
- Not to be outdone – on Father’s Day, June 18th, we’re having a WING FEST Competition! Sign up on your Connect Card to participate and bring a minimum of 100-150 of your best wings! The wings will be judged and there will be PRIZES!
P.S. Did you know that Coastal has an App for your smart phone? In fact, we’ve had one for a while now. Go to your App Store (wherever you get apps) and search for Coastal Community Church of Charleston. You’ll see our logo. The App is FREE. You’ll be able to keep up with all things Coastal, listen to messages, and even give! Download it today and help us spread the word!
Comments are closed.