Friday’s Five – 5-12-17
Don’t forget, this Sunday, May 14th is Mother’s Day! Woohoo! Whatever you do – don’t miss this Sunday at Coastal! We’ll wrap up our series on Forgiveness by looking at the forgiveness of God expressed through Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery. There will be a Baby/Child Dedication in both services – 14 Babies! Our new ministry “Embrace Grace”, a support group for single pregnant women, will have a booth underneath the ONE sign in the auditorium. We’ll be giving away a small gift to all the women present, with a few special giveaways at the end of both services. Outside on our campus, Kona Ice and Kieralee’s Sweets will be giving away FREE treats for everyone!
The following Sunday, May 21st, we’re calling Youth Sunday! Our Youth Pastor, Ryan Spell, will be preaching in both services! Noah Lyons, one of our students will be playing the guitar with our Worship Team. Kristal Blumenstock, another one of our students will be giving our Welcome. And many of our students will be serving & greeting. Make sure you’re there to offer your support and encouragement! Plus, as always, God is going to show up in a powerful way and speak to you!
And then later that same day, we’re supporting our Student Ministry by having Coastal Day at the Charleston Riverdogs Game! You can help send our Students to Summer Camp by purchasing tickets for the game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student). See Ryan Spell, any of our Students, or Student Ministry Volunteers for tickets.
On a personal note, I’m also excited about Memorial Weekend, Sunday, May 28th. My daughter Lydia will be in town from Los Angeles for a long weekend and bringing her boyfriend with her. So on that Sunday, I’ll be preaching a stand alone message from the Old Testament on the wrath of God (just joking about the message part – wanted to see if you were still reading!).
- Sign up for one of our Summer Semester LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. You can sign up online today, on your Connect Card or at the LIFE Group table on Sunday. (LIFE Group Leader Training on Saturday, May 20th, 10am-Noon.)
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, June 4th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and snacks are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- On Sunday, June 11th, we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition here at Coastal – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use popular movies as a hook to talk about Biblical truth! This year’s series is going to be called, “Chick Flicks & Date Nights” as we talk about relationships.
- We’re having a “Barbeque & Baptism” at Folly Beach County Park, Sunday, June 11th! The Baptism will be at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately following. We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion all day. We’ll provide the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email.
- Not to be outdone – on Father’s Day, June 18th, we’re having a WING FEST Competition! Sign up on your Connect Card to participate and bring a minimum of 100-150 of your best wings! The wings will be judged and there will be PRIZES!
P.S. Love to see some new volunteers (with our regulars!) for Chair Set-Up tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 9am. With just 6 or more people it takes less than 30 minutes, you get to meet other people, have some fun, and serve God by serving others!
Comments are closed.