Friday’s Five – 4-14-17
I can’t thank everyone enough for coming, setting up the chairs, and getting everything ready for Easter last night and this past week! Most importantly, I can’t thank you enough for coming to pray! I hope the prayer walk was a meaningful experience for you and your family. As I sat in the auditorium last night praying and listening to our Worship Team practice, people were filing in the room, walking up and down the aisles praying for the people who will be filling those seats. It was very powerful and very moving.
Today is Good Friday, think about this. While you were asleep last night/early this morning, 2000 years ago Jesus was captured in the Garden and condemned to die by the Jewish leaders who hated him. As you were waking up Jesus was being shuffled back and forth between Pilate and Herod for even more trials and abuse. While you were getting dressed, the Roman soldiers were brutally beating Him and putting thorns on His head. By the time you were on your way to work He was on his way to the cross. Satan was laughing. Satan was convinced that he won. It’s Friday. . . but Sunday’s coming!
It’s still not too late to make that call, send that email or text, walk across the street, and invite someone to church this Easter! You never know the power of a simple invitation. 36 years ago a friend from school invited me to church. I ended up giving my life to Christ and committing to full-time Christian ministry! Simply put, it changed my life! Who do you know that needs Jesus?
I want to challenge you again to prayerfully consider what you and your family might give as a special offering for Easter Sunday! We are simply asking everyone to give above and beyond your regular giving. We all can’t give the same amount, but together we can all make a sacrifice. And when we prayerfully do that together, that’s when God shows up and does a miracle. Every gift counts! Every gift makes a difference!
A few other reminders about Easter Sunday at Coastal. Not only will we have breakfast (shrimp & grits) from 7am-8am for the 1st service crowd, but I forgot to tell you that the Kona Ice Truck will be here all 3 services giving away FREE Kona Ice for everyone! Parking & Seating really is important on Big Days like Easter. Please, please park as far away as possible and sit to the front and center of each section (I don’t bite on the front row). And COME EARLY – with more people, everything will take more time. And with more people and more time, make sure you’re even more gracious, kind, loving, and helpful to everyone!
- We’re making plans now for our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. If you are interesed in leading, assisting, or hosting a Summer LIFE Group, the time to let us know is now. The Summer is a great time for creative, social, or active groups (sports, outdoor fun, cooking, exercise, short studies, dinners, movies, servant evangelism, etc.). Our Summer Semester helps maintain momentum and connection over the Summer. It’s a great way for people to “try out Groups”. It’s a great opportunity for new leaders, and it gives our current leaders a much needed rest. Please respond to this email or let us know on your Connect Card if you have an idea or you’re interested in leading.
- Our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) is going Bowling TONIGHT, 7-9pm at Ashley Bowling Lanes (meet there) on Sam Rittenburg, cost $5.
- Interested in getting Baptized? Our next Baptism Service will be Sunday, April 23rd (the Sunday after Easter) in both services! Sign up on your Connect Card or on our website and indicate which service you will attend. Baptism is a great celebration at Coastal! Use your Baptism as an opportunity to invite and bring friends, family, neighbors and co-workers!
- Our next Baby/Child Dedication Service is Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. If you would like to have your child dedicated, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. Please include Parent’s names, child’s full name, and the service you will be participating in.
- Help send our Students to Summer Camp! Purchase tickets for a Charleston RiverDogs Game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student).
He Is Not Here, He is RISEN!
Comments are closed.