It’s been almost a week since my last post. Here a recap of what’s been going on:
- We had one of the best Christmas Eve services ever! Wes & the band did an awesome job! Great attendance! Lots of guests! It was definitely Rockin! Next year, however, right before my message, we will dismiss all the children to an age appropriate environment just for them. Had fun with them in the service, but when it comes time for the message we need to eliminate all distractions for people to hear the gospel.
- Stayed up way too late Christmas Eve (2:30AM) and got up way too early (7AM)! Christopher set his alarm for 5AM (an hour later than last year) and then he and Lydia watched a movie together in his room before they came down and woke us up. It’s a fun tradition they started a couple of years ago. They watched Get Smart.
- Our Christmas morning tradition: after waking me and Janet up (and we actually WAKE up), we gather in the family room, read the Christmas story from Luke 2 (this year I read it from my iPhone!) and pray together. Then we start with the kids’ stockings. After stockings we open gifts from Santa. Yes we still do Santa. And at our house, Santa wraps each gift very meticulously and has funny name tags on each gift. It’s also not a free for all. Each person takes a turn and everyone watches. We pick up after each gift and then move to the next. After Santa’s gifts we do breakfast. This year I made sausage gravy, grits, and biscuits. Then we move to the gifts from each other. My mom came over for lunch and we exchanged gifts with her. For lunch I grilled steaks! We had so much fun! I crashed around 4:30!
- Friday & Saturday I was back at the office getting ready for Sunday. Had Wes, Bri, and Charlotte over for dinner Friday night. We just love those guys!
- Had a much better day than expected on Sunday. There were tons of people gone, but our attendance wasn’t that bad, and we continue to have guests every week. My message was entitled, “2008-The Year In Review.” It was a look back on all of the message series we did last year and a few highlights. This Sunday is going to be, “2009-The Year Ahead.” I really think this is going to be a tradition.
- On Sunday after church our family went to see, “Four Christmases” (no Youth Group). There were several very funny scenes! Vince Vaughn as Joseph in the Christmas Pageant at a local Mega Church is worth the admission for the movie. Hilarious!
- On Monday I wrote a bunch of letters to 1st & 2nd Time Guests and then took the rest of the day off. Hung out with Christopher and watched, “Eagle Eye.” Pretty good flick. Monday was also Wes & Bri’s 3rd Wedding Anniversary!
- Today I met with Wes to talk through our “Fuel” Leadership Meeting on Saturday, January 10th. It’s going to be great! I can’t wait. If you are a leader or volunteer here at Coastal – you have to come! This is going to be one of the best things we do!
Well, that’s about it. I just wanted to let you know what’s been going on. I plan on taking some much needed family time this week, so this is going to be a light blogging week for me. But I’m jacked about Sunday! I’m going to be sharing vision and talk about where we’re going in the New Year. I’m also going tell you about some of the series we’ll be doing and some big events. You won’t want to miss it.
Here a few pictures from the Rollins Christmas: